Science Says That Redheads Are Super Resilient People!
But, a woman named Erin La Rosa has recently published her book, The Big Redhead Book: Inside the Secret Society of Red. In her book, she explains that natural redheads need to be proud of being red-haired. She also notes that there’re many biological benefits to being ginger.
Read this : The color pepers and salt earns followers from day to day
Science Says That Redheads Are Super Resilient People
Erin reveals many interesting facts about being a redhead. She points out that they’re the “unicorns of the human world”.
What’s more, she also thinks that they’re blessed in a more important way. She says that according to research, redheads can handle pain more effectively than others, because of the MC1R gene mutation that gives their hair its color. Additionally, a 2003 McGill University study shows that women who have natural red hair tend to tolerate about twenty-five percent more pain compared to women who do not have natural red hair.
According to the researchers from The University of Louisville, redheads need about twenty percent more general anaesthesia when they undergo a surgery. This means that redheads are actually super resilient people. Furthermore, according to a University of Louisville study carried out in 2005, redheads are also more sensitive to temperature changes. Namely, these people are actually the first to tell others when winter is on its way.
Read More : The colorist’s rules for hair color
Some surprising facts about redheads that you will discover include:
– The association between redheads and humor came from redheaded slaves in ancient Greece
– There are over 30 leading or recurring redhead characters in Disney and Pixar films… that’s a lot when you remember we’re only two percent of the world’s population!
– Redhead women allegedly have more sex, more threesomes, and more orgasms than other women… or do they? Let’s find out!
– Some Egyptian rulers dyed their hair red to assert their power (looking at you, Cleopatra)
– And redheads need more anesthesia at the dentist, because they’re not going down without a fight
That’s not all, these people require less vitamin D compared to others as well as they are capable of producing more of this vitamin in a shorter period of time thanks to the MC1R gene mutation. So, in case you have red hair, you should be proud of it.
Source : https://healthmeaning.com/redheads-genetic-superheros/